Saturday, May 17, 2014

The Wait was Worth It!

I'm not going to write much 'cause I'm a little tired. Yesterday I spent my last day in Grand Junction with Gary and Joan and their son Rich, daughter-in-law Deb and granddaughter Sam (who had just finished her freshman year at college). It was a surprise meeting as I was out shopping at Hobby Lobby and spotted Joan and Gary getting into their car there, too! How nice to see them again!

We went to the Olive Garden and visited for a good long time. Then we parted ways and I went for a nice long drive and hike through the Colorado Monument. Joan and Gary had taken me there more than a year ago, but I needed a walk so here are some of the photos:











Secree Squirrel
Waiting out the weather before driving to Rocky Mountain (which I will call RoMo from here on) was the best idea ever! I am enjoying free WiFi and electricity at the Elk Creek Campground just outside the park tonight, but tomorrow will shovel the snow from my campsite at Timber Creek in the park and hope that the electricity works! Jeb and Renae's site electric does not work and there was no way to test mine today. Fingers crossed!! I met my boss Jennifer and she showed me around a little bit. While I was at the visitor center everyone was asking if they would see moose, so enjoy the photos below.
The drive to RoMo - Plenty of snow in the mountains!


Cue the Moose!

Cue the Elk!

No comments:

Post a Comment